How do we use your data?
In providing your personal data you consent to IDEMIA NSS using the data collected in order to meet our commitments to you and to provide you with the service you expect. We need your personal data for the following purposes:
- To enable us to answer your queries and to inform you of new or changed services (e.g. your name and email address)
- To process your payment for services (e.g. your name, address, and payment information)
- To be able to send you marketing offers such as newsletters (e.g. your email address and your name)
We will only keep your data for as long as necessary to carry out our services to you or as long as we are required by law. After this, your personal data will be deleted. We cannot remove your data when there is a legal storage requirement, such as book-keeping rules or when there is a legal ground to keep the data, such as an on-going contractual relationship.
Non-personal data is used as described above and in other ways as permitted by applicable laws, including combining non-personal data with personal data.
What are your rights?
You have the right to request information about the personal data we hold on you. If your data is incorrect, incomplete or irrelevant you can ask to have the information corrected or removed. You can withdraw your consent to us using the data for marketing purposes at any time (i.e., Newsletters or offers). You can contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who has access to the data?
We do not sell your information to third parties. We may, however, share data with third parties when necessary to fulfill a transaction, complete a service, for administrative purposes, or when required by law. Any data that is forwarded to third parties is used to meet IDEMIA NSS’s commitments to you. Additionally, we will share your data if such sharing is required by law or to protect against potential or suspected fraud. Also, if IDEMIA NSS undergoes a merger, corporate reorganization, or all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by another party, your personal data may be shared. If you do not want us to share your personal data in these manners, please do not provide it to us.
How do we protect your data?
No data transmissions over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you understand that any information that you transfer to us is done at your own risk. That said, once we receive your transmission, we have technical measures in place to help protect your data from loss, manipulation, unauthorized access, etc. We continually adapt our security measures in line with technological progress and developments. At IDEMIA NSS, we protect your data using encryption using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). SSL is a function that encrypts all information sent between you and IDEMIA NSS, including card information, so that card details cannot be read by external parties.
For card purchases, we work with Square, a leading card processing company in the US. You can view their security practices here.
We do not collect any personal data directly from individuals under the age of 13. If we discover that any such information is in our possession, we will delete it.
What data do we collect?
This policy applies only to information collected on the Sites. We collect two types of information from visitors to the Sites: (1) Personal data and (2) Non-personal data.
“Personal data” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, and sometimes your Internet Protocol (IP) address. We may collect this information when you visit our Sites or complete a purchase.
“Non-personal data” can be technical in nature. It does not identify you personally. Examples of non-personal data include the following:
- Web Beacons (also known as “clear gifs,” “web bugs,” or “pixel tags”) — “Web Beacons” are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to allow us to count users who have visited certain pages and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on web pages.
- Demographic Information — “Demographic Information” may be your gender, age, zip code, geolocation data, and interests, which you voluntarily provide to us on and through idemia-nss.com. We use this information to provide you with personalized services and to analyze trends to ensure the information provided by IDEMIA NSS meets your needs. Please note that we also consider aggregated information, which is not personally identifiable, to be non-personal data.